Progressive Master’s Degree
At USC Annenberg, a progressive master’s degree is offered in several degree programs. See the list of programs below.
- Communication Data Science (MS)
- Communication Management (MCG)
- Digital Social Media (MS)
- Public Diplomacy (MPD)
- Journalism (MS)
- Specialized Journalism (MA)
- Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA) (available for USC's 2020 graduating seniors only)
- Public Relations and Advertising (MA)
USC Annenberg has opened a new admission cycle using a streamlined, progressive degree program application process exclusively for 2020 graduating seniors who wish to pursue a master’s degree.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at time of application
- Completion all undergraduate courses by Summer 2020, including all incomplete coursework.
- May 18, 2020: Journalism (MS), Specialized Journalism (MA) and Specialized Journalism (The Arts) (MA)
- July 1, 2020: Communication Management (MCG), Digital Social Media (MS), Public Diplomacy (MPD) and Public Relations and Advertising (MA)
To prepare to apply, complete the following:
- Application for Admission to the Progressive Degree
- Updated STARS report
- Proposed Course Plan
- Contact Mike Ploszek, Associate Director of Academic Advisement, at email@example.com.
- Signatures from Annenberg’s graduate department chair and department dean will be obtained through the admission application review process.
- Résumé: Include your permanent home address and academic awards, USC honors, scholarships, association memberships, research experience, computer literacy and foreign language skills. Your résumé may exceed one page.
- A Letter of Recommendation from a USC faculty instructor is required only if you are applying with a GPA of less than 3.5.
Email your completed application, approved proposed course plan and other application materials in PDF format to Allyson Hill, Associate Dean, Annenberg Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your digital signature is required on the application, proposed course plan and recommendation form.
Admission process and notification
Completed applications are reviewed by USC Annenberg faculty admission committees. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted by USC Annenberg Admissions. USC Degree Progress will notify you when the graduate degree post is added to your student record.
If you have questions about the application or admission process, contact Allyson Hill, Associate Dean of Annenberg Admissions, at email@example.com.
For further information, visit USC’s Undergraduate Education website.
For progressive degree eligibility and requirements please see the USC Progressive Degree site here. To learn more about USC Annenberg progressive degrees and the application process, you must attend a mandatory information session hosted by USC Annenberg Admissions in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Open only to current USC undergraduate students.